Saturday 13 November 2010

Remembrance Sunday

Hope you are all well?, on the day before remembrance Sunday. For many years now ( 25 years plus) I/We do a pilgrimage to my home village (Mumbles) to meet at the cenotaph for 11 O,clock as will millions all over the world.
The most amazing think I have noticed is ever year the group just gets bigger with more and more younger people being there. This fills my heart with happiness as along as they are there with a true understanding of the day.
I better qualify that remark, what I am to get at  is in my eyes remembrance day has been high-jacked by religion, which detracts for the main point ''Remembrance of the fallen''. As when I read or listen to these words
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
I find no religious slant at all just the most moving set of phrases ever. And brings a lump to my just typing them out.
This is why the religious side should be kicked out so it can't be used against anybody, Such as what happened inLondon on the 11/11/10. I know this will not happen but it sickens me to the core the way virtually all religions use and have been used it as an excuse for hatred and war.
This is my little rant so far for today AND my view may change as the day goes by. Will change post if it does?
So for now may your gods go with you As my heart goes out to you all
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment