Monday 21 February 2011

A Freind of mines Delma over Drink and Her Son

I too push the button to hide away from what I need to do as I am an Alcoholic I Once put my self in to the nonsense collage to prove to my doctor it was not just the drink that was affecting the constant pain and fatigue I was in.
Needless to say after being dry for 9 months I went back to the doctor for more tests and the conclusion was I had Fibromyalgia which was aggod thing to know what was wrong But gave me another button As I was torn between carrying on taken ever increasing amounts of prescription pain killers to carry on OR do what I had been doing and use Alcohol and self medicate with it to ease the pain?. Some time went by and I went and had a drink It had two affects relief that I didn’t die there and then also I felt I had control again of my life with out being worried WHAT IF I HAD A DRINK AGAIN .

This has worked up until today as I was awaiting some new blood tests as I have not been to good lately

We all need the kick up the back side every so often as I have.

My blood tests of many years of way to much alcohol have always been perfect which has been a surprise for me and even bigger for my doctor.

BUT today is DDay Amaziingly my liver and kidneys are still fine BUT my Folic Acid is at rock bottom which I and my doc have put down to the drink So a supplement has been given for 2 weeks and then will test again.

That is fine But the buttons are there on the table pain control with even high doses of pain killers than I take already with no drink or Moderate it out again and really on the supplement Folic Acid tablets to get my bloods back and carry on fooling myself.

The crazy part is that I like drinking a lot and do not get the depression side of alcohol as so many do I function normally (What ever that is)when my body lets me'

So it will be a long chat tonight and see what we come up with

Sorry to hijack your situation with your son I do have a suggestion and it is Hypnotherapy But not with any old supposed QUACK but do know of some pro-ply qualified ones I have used this therapy some many years ago for some depression that all convectional at the time treatments failed to scratch the service and with just 3 visits I came out the other side a new person It could be argued why I haven’t gone down this route myself Well after tonight it could possibly be the answer But I need to talk to my partner first

So if you would like a contact number you know how to get hold of me


Take care Hope He can resolve it soon As it appears he does want to and that is a big start in the process

Catch you later ;o) XXX

Lov JEFF

No comments:

Post a Comment